Friday, November 16, 2007

11/16 Devotional & Prayer Focus

As you can see from the photos, the team is in Delhi enjoying their new teammates and the food (already, of course!). At about 7:45 this morning our time (if I figured the odd half-hour of 19-1/2 hours the right way!), they will be traveling by train to Dehradun, the seat of government in Uttaranchal,the state where Mussoori is located. Their time, it will be 11 p.m., and they will be traveling all night, arriving at 8 a.m. Saturday morning. Wow... it's like praying into the future!

Today's devotional reflection is shared by Chris Ogino.

2 Corinthians 3-6
"Ministers of a New Covenant"

Are we beginning to praise ourselves again? Are we like others who need to bring you letters of recommendation, or who ask you to write such letters on their behalf? Surely not! They only letter of recommendation we need is you yourselves. Your lives are a letter written in our hearts; everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you. Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts. –2 Cor. 3:1-3

As human as we are, we tend to praise ourselves and show others what we can do. We show our prideful character through the things we do and talk a big talk. But the “letter of recommendation” should go to our Father in Heaven. His letter, written in our hearts, is the only letter we should show to others about who He is. We should boast about His good work in us.

As a teacher of young children, I am commended by people for a “miracle” that made a difference in children’s lives. “No,” I say, “it’s what is in my heart, my soul, that helps the children.” Huh? Then, given the opportunity to share God’s love, I tell the parents or loved ones of these children that it is God’s love within me that produces these miracles. It is easy to take the recommendations of miracles. But in God’s kingdom, it is His miracles, His love that takes over all what He has done in us.

Dear Lord, I thank you for the “letter of recommendation” that you have placed in my heart. I thank you for changing me into the character you want me to be, just like You. Help me daily to die to myself and take the cross to carry along my daily walk. I pray for our New Hope Diamond Head team in India: as they walk into a new world, let Your light so shine that they will see You in them. May they be guided by your Spirit and protected under Your wings.

Shine Your Light, dear Lord, Shine Your Light. I ask for a hedge of protection over our team as they do Your good works and praise You for all the goodness You have done in their lives. In Jesus’ name I pray for safety and fellowship. Amen. —shared by Chris Ogino

For focus in your prayers today, please pray for safety as they travel by train to Dehradun, and then by road to Mussoori. They are traveling with Ashish Pradhan and the Boys' Home Leaders: Diler Mashi, Girish Wasker, and Surender Mashi. Pray for strong relationships to already be developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment