Saturday, November 17, 2007

11/18 Devotional & Prayer Focus

Glad you were able to enjoy the UH victory even in India! And thank you, Tim, for the beautiful photos, especially the sunrise... it's currently gracing my desktop.

Today we are reading Psalm 124 and 2 Corinthians 11-13. Our devotional reflection is devotedly shared by Dawn Ching.

To keep me from getting puffed up, I was given a thorn in my flesh to torment me to keep me from getting proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My gracious favor is all you need. My power works greatest in your weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ may work through me…For when I am weak, then I am strong. —2 Cor 12:7-10

The thorn in Paul’s flesh was a constant reminder to him of his need for on-going communion with God. Even though Paul was such a warrior and seemingly self-sufficient, this ‘weakness’ helped him to stay humble, to acknowledge his need for God, to understand that through this weakness, the strength and power of Christ could be revealed.

So many times we as Christians think that being one means we need to be perfect, to be strong, to have our act together…but isn’t it so true that when we are willing to be vulnerable—to share our struggles, our imperfections, our hurts—that people see the authenticity and are then drawn to us. Their hearts soften and become open to receive the love of Christ through us…

By now you have probably shared many awesome things with our Mussoorie family that will help them to strengthen their church. Many of you are business people blessed with the gift of entrepeneurship that will bring about brilliant ideas for new plans and programs. May I encourage you today, dear brothers and sisters, to take the time to also share “your stories”…your struggles, your weaknesses, and how God has and continues to use them to transform your lives. As you do I pray that they will open up their hearts and begin to share their stories…opening their hearts to receive the love of Christ from you…to receive the “real medicine” they need. May they see and feel glimpses of our amazing God through your loving, caring hearts…

I pray for God to continue to reveal His agenda to all of your hearts, that you be completely open to the Holy Spirit’s promptings, and that God use you to continue planting new seeds and to water and fertilize those sown earlier.

I so look forward to hearing the heartwarming stories when you return. Aloha and God bless, Dawn Ching

As a prayer focus, please pray today for an awesome time of bonding as the team serves at Sunday service. Pray for continued building of relationships.

And by the way, before they left, each member of the team chose a scripture for memorization, and they have committed to memorizing all these scriptures before they get back. So pray for their memories and retention skills!

Let's see... I am posting at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon, which means it's 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning in Mussoorie. To find out the current time, log on to http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_IN.aspx.

Aloha till tomorrow, and know that you are constantly in our hearts and prayers! Mwaaaa! XOXOXOXOX --Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment