Thursday, November 8, 2007

Scriptures

My awesome wife (Dee) will be making scripture memorization cards for each of us. During our mission trip, we will be memorizing these scriptures and praying for one another. Matt Tsuruda, Matt Garcia, David and Grace Matsuura...if you can forward your scripture to Dee at deearita@hawaii.rr.com. Much Love!


Philippians 2:2-5 (TJ) 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

Isaiah 61: 1 & 3 (Earline)
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,]
3 … They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.


Joshua 1:9 (Tim)
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."



1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (Yumi) 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Romans 8:28 (Fred)
28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[a] who[b] have been called according to his purpose.

Galatians 5:25 (Jill)
25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Psalm 33:16 & 20 (Creighton)
16 No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.
20 We wait in hope for the LORD; 
he is our help and our shield.

Romans 12:1-2 (Kiha)
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.



1 Corinthians 1:10 (Paul)
10I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.


Psalm 46:1-2 (Kevin)
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way 
 and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,



Corinthians 12:9 (Raymond)
9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.


Trading My Sorrows (Arden)
I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord. And we say, yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Dee! You are truly awesome! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Scripture verses:

    Grace : Jeremiah 15:19-20
    David : 2 Chronicles 7:14

    ReplyDelete