Friday, August 8, 2008

Rahul, a capable young man of God


I am Rahul, when I was in my mother's womb my dad left her and took another wife.I come from a very poor family. My mother went through many struggles to look after me and my elder sister. She works as a maid servant. When I turned ten years old I was a very mischievious boy, because of my family backgroud. My father used to come to my house drunked and used to fight with my mother. Once my father took my sister along with him from the school. My mother could not find her after searching everywhere. Later we came to know that my dad had sold my elder sister to somebody in twenty thousand rupees. My mother then went to see my sister and brought my sister from there. My neighbors lied to my sister that my parents had plotted to sell her and she complained in the police so they arrested my mother and my father had fled some where. But the police nabbed him later. At that time an advocate brought me to this Home. My mother got free from the court but my father had to go to jail.
I am grateful to God that I came here, I was introduced to Jesus here, I made him the Lord of my life. He filled me with His Holy Spirit. My life is transformed. I found a new family. I want to be a foot ball player. My favorite food is Chiken and Pizza. My hero in the Bible is Daniel. He faced all difficulties with boldness, and when he was thrown in to the lion's den he held his faith and never wavered. We need to keep our faith in the Lord, and as God saved Daniel He will also save us.
I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. (2 Cor 5:17).
My favorite scripture is Ps 121:1-2,"I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Sometimes when I read the stories you folks are sharing, it's beyond my comprehension what you have had to go through at such young ages. And yet through all of your life stories, I see the marvelous hand of God as He has lain it gently upon you to draw you together and to Him.

    Thank you for sharing your story, Rahul. I am looking forward to seeing where God continues to lead you as you grow closer to Him! And I will be praying for your mother and sister, too.

    And Ashish, I love the latest photos! They are very fun, very professional looking and very clever! Someone is good with a camera!

    See you soon!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete