Saturday, November 22, 2008

Over the Mountains and the Seas

One morning after worship, I shared with the mission team and the children that a phrase kept repeating in my mind. The phrase “Over the mountains and the seas” is the first line to a song we sing at church, and it was running through my head over and over again.

I believe God was sharing with me that although we had traveled over mountains and seas to be with the kids, we are one with them through Christ. We may live half a world away, yet we are united in our love for Him who loved us first. His love transcends worldly obstacles and barriers, no matter how high the mountains are or how deep the seas may be.

When we worship, we worship the same God. When we pray, we pray to the same God. And when we love, we love the same God.

Thank you for allowing me to experience God in this way. To see His face shine forth through the lives of the children has changed me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment