Monday, March 8, 2010

Reading for March 9, 2010

Deuteronomy 10-12; Mark 16

“And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to everyone.” --Mark 16:15

Today is the first day of your journey home. I hope you found Mussoorie to be one of the most beautiful places that you have ever been to, just like I have. Leaving the boys’ home was the most bittersweet time of my life. I was sad to be leaving all of my sisters and brothers, not knowing when, or if, I would be able to see any of them again.

For that trip, I knew that my time at the boys’ home was done, and I was on my way back home, to be just another girl at school. I then realized something that I hope you will all take on as the next phase of your personal mission. Do not go back home as the same person that left. Come back with a burning passion to expand God’s kingdom. Return home with all of the amazing stories, the jokes, and the overwhelming joy and love that you felt from each one of our precious sisters and brothers in Mussoorie. Like the scripture says, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to everyone.” Even though the initial experience is almost over, come back and be excited to share what happened on your amazing trip. Please remember that this mission will not end once you leave the boys home, or once you return to your own home. In fact, this mission will never end, because it is our responsibility to preach the good news to everyone.

Dear Lord, Thank you so much for loving us and for choosing each member of the traveling team by name for this mission. Please help them to become even more on fire for you as they leave Mussoorie. Help them to return home excited to share and ready to expand your kingdom with the overflowing joy and love you have shown them through the children. Please provide opportunities for them to share their experiences, and please give them the discernment and confidence they need to recognize and take full advantage of the moments that are given to them. Please watch over our traveling team as they return home, place your shield before them. Protect them from sickness, and please bless them with traveling mercies. Thank you Lord for being like no other. Thank you for your continuous love, and thank you for blessing us with the victory on the battlefield. I love you Lord. Amen.

Arden Matro

No comments:

Post a Comment