Saturday, March 6, 2010

Reading for Sunday, March 7, 2010

Deuteronomy 5,6; Psalm 43; Mark 14

Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight.

 I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. --Psalm 43: 3-5

When we are confused and seem to have lost our bearings, truth will be our compass back to the altar. Being again in His presence allows us the vantage of looking back to where we came from. Standing with God in the place of truth, we can realize the strength of our stand. He is truth, joy, and hope. God's love is fierce and will never let us go. All praises to our Glorious God!

While I was in India my heart cried for the poor, it broke for those who seemed abandoned by the world. I questioned that there was a plan behind the poverty. Then I worshipped with our Mussoorie family and I was filled with an unspeakable joy. Heartbreak, confusion and joy, all in one place. I had taken all my shots and even packed toilet paper, but nothing much could have prepared me for being in the throes of emotion. It was not until I returned home that I was able to receive the beauty of this passage. He is my truth, my joy and my hope.

Many of you are on emotional highs, but for those of you who are not, who may even feel broken and confused, please receive this message from our Father: let His word guide you back, reflect on His promises and build an altar to Him for all the victories that have lead you to be right where you are today. Build an altar for Him in Mussoorie! And praise our Glorious God!

Holy Spirit, We welcome your presence here. We ask You into our hearts and minds. Remind us of the promises You have fulfilled, of all the battles won through the power of our Father. In Your name we build an altar today as testimony to the victories that have brought us here. We stand at your altar and praise You with abandon. Forgive us for allowing the spirit of confusion or doubt to have a place in our minds. We rebuke those spirits and speak to them that they have no claim on us. We are children of our Heavenly Father. Fill us with Your truth, joy and hope. We thank You for your grace that washes us clean and ushers us into the presence of God. We are Yours, Father, through the sacrifice of your Son, Jesus. Amen.

Miss you so much!
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Jill,
    i thanks god that after a long time i am looking your smiling face, i am trying to sent you mail but it is not going so kindly write me once.KEEP IT UP THE GOOD WORK WHICH YOU DOING.GOD BE WITH YOU .
    Joshua Jena
    Orissa

    ReplyDelete