Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Satisfied in Jesus

Mark 8:8 - "The people ate and were satisfied – afterwards the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over."

The miracle of Jesus feeding 4,000 with seven loaves and a few pieces of fish satisfied everyone and then some - the real root wasn't a mystical or magical act through it seems that impossible was in fact accomplished.. but the true miracle was found with what Jesus started my rooting his ministry with compassion and belief. It was this in itself that did the impossible which is exactly what we see here at Firs where all the kids in the orphanage live in a spirit so satisfied beyond their own means - where they value everything in the little that they do have materialistically -  yet exude such a plentiful and abundant harvest in their fruits of the spirit. They realize their true wealth in Jesus Christ - through their love and compassion which never seems to leave them.

If compassion has left my heart - then my ministry and efforts are futile - but with compassion alone minus my gifts and abilities will produce a crop in itself that is pure and the fruition will be bountiful. I pray Father - that through my own weariness, allergies, coldness, selfishness, etc.. that compassion would make these needs far less substantial than what truly matters in the Kingdom of God - and with a pure heart of compassion that the Lord would more release the miraculous the more I would let go of myself and this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment