Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3/10/11 Survival Guide Journal Entry from Aaron Harris

Today's Reading:
Deuteronomy 13-15; Galatians 1

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse! --Gal.1:6-9

Paul is not very happy with the church at Galatia. They are compromising and allowing false teachings to come in. The Gospel message is being perverted by wise and cunning people, and the church is falling for it!

How does this happen? Does the church not know the gospel? Are they not studying the scriptures? Are they forgetful? Are their past mind sets holding them back? Are surrounding religions influencing them? Maybe they are allowing their emotions to govern there decisions? Are they afraid to stand up to there peers? So many things going on that we do not know.
In what ways am I not lining up with the gospel? Am I allowing things to hinder me? Do I allow my friends or family to influence me? Who am I obeying, God or people?

I see these things in my own life, were I allow little compromises to come in. Some from my own flesh desires and some from friends. In these times I see that I am allowing compromises in my life. I see that it is so important to stay grounded in God's word. So I can stand my ground when the compromises sneak in. So many things that keep me distracted and entertained I so quickly allow the compromises to come in.

Lord, thank you that you are a God that forgives out sins. I ask that you will forgive me for my wrong thinking, my lack of discipline to study or word, and listening to the voice of others. I want to continue to pursue you all the days of my life. Help me to stay the course you have for me. I thank you for Haiti and the people you have created here. Help me to stay focused on the people and not just the task.
For this team in India give them wisdom to build the leaders you want. Give them the words to encourage the leaders to stand up against the influences around them. May they truly be set apart for your work. Show up in amazing ways, may the Hawaii team come away with a greater understanding of your power and faith. Amen.

P.S. Go love on Rinku for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment