Monday, March 21, 2011

The Cost...

Reflection on India... wow, what does that even look like. There is just so much. Words that immediately come to mind.  

Amazing. Breathtaking. Desperate. Broken. LOVE. Ministers. Gospel. HEART. Jesus! 



As I reflect back on the past two weeks I've have spent in India, it brought be straight back to a blog entry I had written on my own blog a few months ago. It says this...

"I was reading through Psalms 1 today and was reminded of the joy that I have in following Jesus especially when it costs a lot. I was first reminded of what "a lot" means... is "a lot" in my terms in anyway comparable to the cost that was paid for me? Immediately, my heart was refocused on the cross and the cost that was paid for me. I continued to reflect in this passage and am in awe of the words written by the Psalmists. That "blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers... For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous." How good it is to follow Him and to know that I am blessed! To know that in my weakness and uncertainties, the Lord is good and He will still use me to bear fruit and not let me wither away as I follow Him even when it feels like the costs are too high. That the things that come out of it will come to the fulfillment of Jesus in the end! So is the cost worth it... the answer is simply yes - it is worth it to follow Jesus with my all. So, in my love for songs and worship music, these are the words I end with tonight."

Here am I, all of me
Take my life, it's all for thee

I reread this and then reflected on my time in India and wow when I think of cost, there is nothing that can compare to the cost of what Jesus has done!!! It is by the blood of Jesus that I now have family in India and only through that, do I know that one day we will worship together forever because of the cost He has paid. I have come back praying that the Lord would continue to not only grow each and every person that we have encountered over those two weeks but also for my own heart and that I would live a life worthy of His calling. That I would reflect again on these words and in each of them see the same calling as I live here in Hawai'i or wherever the Lord sends me!

Amazing. Breathtaking. Desperate. Broken. LOVE. Ministers. Gospel. HEART. Jesus! 


Thank you for all your constant support and prayers!!! We love you!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment