Monday, March 21, 2011

Missing My Family

It hasn't even been a week since we've been home, and I already want to go back to India! This trip was so incredible for me. Not only because I got to see our family at FIRS or the students at Woodstock, but because of the things that the Lord spoke to me during our time there. I was incredibly challenged by the Lord to really take an honest look at my own life.

Being able to worship with the boys, I was overwhelmed by how much they absolutely love and adore the Lord. The first morning that our team got to sit and worship with them, I couldn't help but cry as God gently put me in my place. Do I really give him everything? How in the world can I stand to make excuses about why I don't read or neglect to spend time with him?! The boys are such an example to me and I am grateful to have had the chance to spend time with them over the past week.

" Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." -Proverbs 22:6. (A verse the Lord put on my heart while we were there. Ashish...thank you for your obedience to the call that God has put on your heart.)

The next challenge came as we visited the Bible School. Again God quietly whispered to my heart. "What sacrifices are you making? Does it cost you anything to be with me? " As I sat and listened to the Lord, I came to the realization that comfort and convenience have been the disguises of my relationship with him.

God has awakened my heart and I am so thankful for it. I can't wait to come back! I am so grateful that the Lord has allowed me to be a part of what He is doing in India.
Linsey

No comments:

Post a Comment