Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Unusual Evening Devotion


This evening Jeydev was leading worship, and was so happy to see him doing this job. The Lord has a special favor on this boy, when ever he leads worship he starts the song, and to my utter amazement he can really sing well. All the boys get excited whenever Jeydev leads worship. So when they finished singing songs, I was expecting that Ajay would come to the front and share from the word of God as he has been given a book to study. I wanted to hear what he shares, as he is a good teacher, that’s what I have discovered lately.
But the boys told me that, today it is Jeydev’s turn to lead worship and preach. Well, I was not prepared for that though. I have never heard him preaching, but seeing the boys excitement to hear him, I had to become quiet. He does not know how to read, and I could see him holding the New Testament upside down.
And Jeydev started with a question. Aap sab kaise hein? (How are you all doing?), the boys responded we are doing well. Then he said, read Matthew 25:25, one of the boys started reading, “So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.” That’s all, Jeydev finished his preaching with that. Wow! Sure enough I got what the Lord wanted me to convey. This is a part of that story, where a man on the journey entrusts his property to his servant. To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more. So also, the one with the two talents gained two more. But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.
Well, the Lord has just recently reminded me from this text that, He not only wants me to be faithful but also to be fruitful”. So for me the word coming from Jeydev is not an accident, but God wanted to convey to all of us that each of us has been entrusted with something, we must use that for his glory. Now whatever Jeydev has been entrusted he has done with that excellent, beyond my imagination.

So immediately after Jeydev finished his preaching, I called up Sunil, Rahul, Prince, Lucky and Mahender up to the front and asked them to share from their heart what the Lord has been telling them these days, Sunil could not say anything at the beginning, so I told others to share.
Lucky shared from Gal.3:2, that we have received the Holy Spirit not by the works of the law but by faith.
Rahul shared from Luke 11:5, about the need of the persistence in prayer, and the promise of how God will answer our prayers.
Prince shared from Isa.43:1-2 But now, this is what the LORD says — he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. How this promise has strengthen him in his life’s journey.
Mahender shared about the need of obedience, as he saw a warning from the life of Pharaoh how God’s punishment fell on Egypt because of this one man’s continual disobedience.
Well It was a powerful time of bringing forth the gifts and talent of each boys. When the service was over I was praying alone, and could hear the Lord’s voice saying to me, I have entrusted these boys into your hand and have gone on a journey. I will come back and you will have to give me an account to me. I see the hand of the Lord upon each boys and my prayer is Lord help me so that I may be fruitful for your glory.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God ! Way to go JD, love u and everyone else. You teach me to keep following God and believe in Him. John 11: 25 also reminds me to believe in God because He gives me life.
    Keep teaching JD, keep singing to him.. he'll catch on !

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to hear about EACH and every boy there so excited to use whatever talent they have been given to glorify God! So proud of JD! Keep preaching and praising! God is so in love with you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be richly rewarded my brother, well done good and faithful servant/friend.

    I miss you folks and am praying that God opens the door for us to return soon. I really need a faith lift that only you and your boys can do. The presence of the Holy Spirit is so powerful there.

    Standing with you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete