Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Blown Away

Today was our first full day at the boys home, and it lives up to its name. This really is a home for many of us. We awoke before the sun this morning to have a time of prayer and worship with the boys. These boys do this every morning at 5:30am. The power was completely out from the hail storm the night before so we just huddled together in the middle of the main hall in the dark. If you haven't had the opportunity to worship with other people in other languages, then you are missing out. When you hear others worshiping Jesus in another language and you join in, you really start to get a picture of what heaven is like.

It always amazes me how thick the Holy Spirit's presence falls here when we worship. Many of us were brought to tears and were unable to speak because of how thick the presence of God was in that room. There were no lights, no sound equipment, no heater, and no inspirational speaker--it was just the children of God coming together to love on their Father and each other.

I found myself in awe of what happens inside of me during times like this. There is nothing in the world that can stir one's spirit like the tangible presence of God. I tried to think of other times when I have felt so alive or so in awe in my life. Each time that came to mind from my past just confirmed what I already knew. It always comes back to the presence of God. We were singing the song "Awakening" by Chris Tomlin and the lyrics were quite fitting...
"For you and you alone-awake my soul, awake my soul and sing..."

My soul comes alive for the Lord like no other. I am convinced now more than ever that you can travel the world and taste all that it has to offer and nothing will satisfy you like the presence of the Lord.


(This picture was taken when the power was off in a fairly dark room as we were waiting for everyone to come together. No one thought you could see us-hence the look on our faces. Apparently Bruce Dirden can take pictures anywhere.)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! So amazing to see how God is already moving! And this is only the beginning. Praying for all of you! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So encouraging to know that all is well there, even in the midst of the storm. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first mission was almost exactly what you are experiencing. God's love surrounds us all in the midst of a storm. You will enjoy the fellowship and quiet time spent with the LORD. I pray for your safety and God's protection over you and our family in Mussoorie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooo mean da pic! I LOVE those times of simplicity and the presence of the Lord. Praying for you guys... Keep in mind, your personal and corporate times with the Lord throughout the trip is KEY to Him carrying you through the day, start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is as simple as that, isn't it? We make is so complicated we miss the simple fact that God loves us and desires to spend time with us. We must choose to allow it to happen. Blessings everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so awesome your sharing.......Lord when is it my turn? when Lord?

    ReplyDelete