Friday, March 9, 2012

Life Journal Reading for Saturday, March 10, 2012

The team is smack-dab in the middle of the Woodstock Retreat today. Please be praying for open hearts and super-human (aka GOD) strength and energy for the team.

Today's journal entry is shared by Quyen Vego, one of last year's travel team members.

Deuteronomy 13-15; Galatians 1
You know what I was like when I followed the Jewish religion–how I violently persecuted God's church. I did my best to destroy it. I was far ahead of my fellow Jews in my zeal for the traditions of my ancestors. But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him to reveal his Son to me so that I would proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles. —Galatians 1:13-15

Paul was one of the most zealous, religious Jews of his time. He was fully committed to keeping the Jewish law and persecuting Christians. But even before Paul was born, God CHOSE him. God chose to use Paul through the power of his testimony to draw others to Christ for centuries to come.

It was about this time during last year’s trip–as I was heading into the retreat–that a lot of doubt and insecurities rose up in me. Thoughts like, “I wonder how God is going to use me here? I don't have any ‘special talents.’ I'm not an eloquent speaker. I don't play an instrument. I don’t have some ‘earth-shattering’ testimony. I've never even met these kids before. How are they going to connect with me?” But just as quickly as these negative thoughts ran through my mind, the Holy Spirit got hold of me. He reminded me that from the beginning of time, God had orchestrated my life in such a way that led me to this very moment here in India. For the last 34 years, He has been building a testimony from my life that would be used to connect someone to Him today and in the days to come. And–aside from my abilities or inabilities–more importantly, God was asking me to share about the powerful work that He had done and continues to do in my life. He was asking me to share the good, the bad, and the ugly; to testify to the miraculous things He has done in me–and then trust in the Holy Spirit to do the rest.

Galatians 1:15 couldn't be more clear. God was pleased to reveal his Son to Paul so that he could proclaim the Good News about Jesus. Likewise, brothers and sisters, God was pleased to reveal his Son to you, too, so that He could, in part, use your testimony to proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the students at Woodstock and the boys at Firs.

Heavenly Father, thank you for choosing each person on this team to first meet your Son, and then secondly to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to others! I pray against any lie from the enemy that may try to set itself up against their knowledge of who You are. I pray that my brothers and sisters would take every negative thought that would hinder them from sharing the Good News captive and make it obedient to Christ. Your word says that "they overcame [the enemy] by your blood, and by the word of their testimony. I pray that each person would be constantly reminded that it is because of the fact that You live inside each of them that they will be able to anything and everything that you are asking them to do. I am thankful for the mighty work that has been done and is going to be done in and through each team member's life. Thank you for your love and saving grace in our lives, Lord. Thank you for the privilege of serving you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Quyen

No comments:

Post a Comment