Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Life Journal Reading for Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Today's journal entry is shared by Kiha Pimental, 11/07 & 11/08 Travel Team member. Kiha's heart for missions has also taken him to Nepal, Japan and the Pacific Basin.

Deuteronomy 5,6; Mark 14

Mission IZPossible
“Where do You want us to make preparations for You to eat the Passover?” So Jesus sent his disciples, telling them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him. Say to the owner of the house he enters, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ He will show you a large room upstairs, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there.” –Mark 14:12-15

When I serve Jesus with the impure motive "to look good to others," His directions are often long, mysterious, confusing, even nonsensical. When my egotistic, prideful nature seeps into my service, I put the entire mission in jeopardy. In my first trip to India, a "younger" team member suggested we do feet washing for the orphanage. "What a waste of time," the ugly me said to my prideful self. "Let's teach them something useful." I am so glad that God is gracious. As we washed little orphan feet that night, Jesus touched me (and every single person in that room) in a way I cannot explain.

I pray, Saints, that your hearts are pure, submitted, and willing to do whatever He asks. Jesus’ way is simple and effective. Be promptly obedient, attentive to your specific job, trusting God to use a team to accomplish His mission.

“Go into India. In Mussoorie a man caring for orphans will meet you. Follow him. Say to the chaplain of the international school nearest the orphanage, ‘The Teacher asks: where is my guest room to eat with my disciples?’ He will show you a large room, furnished and ready. Make preparations there.”

Kihā

No comments:

Post a Comment