Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My experience so far

Wow!  So this is my first time here in India.  So far I've been moved more deeply than I have in a long time.  Even though there's so much brokenness around me, I feel the Lord working in me to see beauty even amongst the desolation.  Being a parent of two I love my children so much, and to think that the boys here don't have their mom or dad makes me so sad.  A lot of them just jump in my arms and I feel their love even though we've only known each other for a few days.  We wrote a song over here called "Long Time" that was a smash hit!  The kids loved the song and it went along with Tua's message of putting on the Armor of God.   

I am in progress and when I see these boys worship and get up on their own to sing songs to Jesus at 6 am everyday without fail, I am humbled.  Their hearts are so genuine and pure and my times of worship to Jesus have been so much more deeper with them.  

Today we went to UTC which is a short walk from here and as soon as we entered the room, I could feel God's love so thick.  There were about 10-15 students and a lot of them had to give up their everything to follow Jesus.  When they confessed they were Christians a lot of them got disowned and banished from the family.  It was a time of rejuvenation, a time to be encouraged by others who serve the same God. 

I also got to teach some of the kids how to skateboard today, and some guitar and drum techniques.  Kamu and I have been teaching them on the "Heart of Worship" and more the music side of things, because they're hearts are already aligned with God's heart.  

With our group we've been having times of devotion, prayer and worship and our team as we draw closer to God have been drawing closer to each other.  I am so blessed to get to be here.  Even though the travel took 5 planes, 3 days and fearless driving up the mountain it was worth the travel.  And we still have a week left to experience God in a fresh new way.  I miss my beautiful wife Tiffa and my Zeo and Zemmy.  I thank my wife for supporting me on this mission.  

Aloha!

Imua Garza 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, Imua. I am so excited to see how God is moving through the team as they give themselves over to His ministrations to you. The Spirit will move in even more ways that you have experienced yet!

    Love you! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imua i'm so blessed by your sharing and transparency. thank you for allowing us to feel just a touch of what God is doing in your heart. geographically i am miles away but i felt extremely close when i read your post! mahalo Ke Akua. love you - mama sing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I am so happy that you FINALLY posted an update. I am really HAPPY that you're there. Today at school zeo was crying for you. BUT his teacher talked to him and told him that you're being obedient to Jesus and sharing His love... she told zeo that she will help him keep a picture journal for you. love you babe!

    ReplyDelete