Friday, August 30, 2013

God is Enough.


HOWSIT Family and Friends!

After another long day on the road, it has finally come to an end. I'm drained and I'm pooped. But needless to say it was all worth it!

We spent majority of the day at the salvation home in Dehradun, where women and children have been rescued from the streets and come to know the love of Jesus. It was a humbling experience for me, leading a group of small children in a culture you're unfamiliar with. With a tank full of energy and nothing but fun on their minds, the games we had in store didn't seem to be enough. They got bored. I ran out of ideas. But it was awesome to see the Holy Spirit show up and bridge that gap. We would've been totally fine bringing a boom box and having a dance party! They love to dance and before you know it, they were teaching us a few moves of their own (Watch out America's Best Dance Crew!).  

But dancing and fun aside, these kids know how to love. You walk in the building and you're immediately swarmed with hugs. ONE BIG BEAR HUG! So awesome! Every time they had to find their small group leader, you were met with hugs. It brings such joy to me when I saw how these children have so much happiness despite their circumstances. They don't live in the nicest houses. They don't have a lot of things. But they have the love of Jesus. They understand what it means to have the joy of the Lord as their strength. Something I myself struggle with everyday. 

I'm left speechless when I step back and see how God orchestrates everything. You come here to serve, wanting to be used to bring hope, joy, and life into these children. Without you even knowing, they're doing the exact same thing for you. God is really opening my eyes and asking, "Am I really enough for you? If you had nothing in this world, would I truly be enough?" Super convicting questions. These children are living testimonies of what it means to live with child-like faith; to live life knowing that God is enough. He is and he always will be. 

"Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity"
- 1 Timothy 4:12



No comments:

Post a Comment