Thursday, August 29, 2013

Living by Faith, Not by Sight



ALOHA Family and Friends!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for our team. God has definitely been answering: bringing our team to Mussoorie safely and already intertwining hearts, building and sustaining lifelong relationships. After three long days of non-stop travel, I finally got my first taste of "just another day" in India. All I can say is, "WOW!!!". 

Coming in, I didn't really know what to expect. A part of me new that God would move in power, but the other half of me was curious to how he would do that. There were doubts in my mind wondering, "How is God going to use me?'" Pastor Creighton had a word for the team before we departed: to expect God to do the miraculous. Trusting in the scripture, "Live by faith, not sight", I forgot about my doubts, my fears, and expectations. I remembered that the God we are serving is much bigger and greater than all of that.

Today we visited a bible institute about 5 minutes down the mountain. Those students worshiped like no other. It was a very humbling experience to see them worship God with so much passion despite how little they have. In America, we have the fancy lights, more numbers, and the musically talented worship leaders (Not to take any credit away from Nixon, their worship leader. He's a boss!) and they would put most of us to shame. After sharing a testimony with them, it was so amazing to see the Lord's hand at work: how people from across the world can relate with one another they no nothing about. Isn't it awesome that God prepares our hearts before we even meet?! Even their prayer life; it's so unselfish! They have a heart not only for one another and their country, but for the nations! We find little time if ever to keep a country like India in our prayers, but they're praying for the U.S. They're praying for Australia. They're praying for Brazil. So freaking awesome!!!

Lastly, I am loving my time spent with the boys at the FIRS Orphanage. It's only been a day and WE ARE already brothers. I love how the family of Christ operates that way. They have so much energy and run me to fumes, but it's so fun! God has really set Mussoorie to be Holy ground and his presence is here. We have about 5 days left and this is just the beginning. Can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the days to come! God is sooooo good!

Please continue to keep our team and the boys in prayer and may God continue to be glorified in all we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment