Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Seeking to be in His Presence


IN HIS PRESENCE IS HIS JOY and HIS JOY WOULD BE MY STRENGTH


9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”  (Joshua 1:9)

Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
    when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
    do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For those who are evil will be destroyed,
    but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

The Lord makes firm the steps
    of the one who delights in him;
24 though he may stumble, he will not fall,
    for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord;
    he is their stronghold in time of trouble.
40 The Lord helps them and delivers them;
    he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
    because they take refuge in him.  (Ps 23)

Moses has passed away and Joshua is being installed as the new leader.  Joshua cannot rest on the accomplishments of Moses but needs to lead the people of Israel.  He can be scared and insecure but but God reassures Joshua to be strong and courageous that God will be with him whereever he goes.

Then in the Psalms, He encourages us to not be ANXIOUS or WORRY but to TRUST in God.  To find JOY and PEACE in His presence...knowing that God will be our DELIVERER, REFUGEE, and STRONGHOLD.  That the Lord will be our help and shield.

This gives me reassurance in the things I am facing.  Many times I feel overwhelmed with the things I face.  His word tells me not FRET and WORRY for these things will just lead to EVIL.  I need to SEEK the LORD and invite HIS presence in my life.  That HE would FILL me and give me HIS PEACE, JOY and STRENGTH.

Almighty God, I am thankful for your word and your faithfulness.  That even though the things you call me to are BIGGER than I my self that with you I can do ALL things.  That it would be accomplished not by my own power or strength but by your SPIRIT.  Lord that is my prayer.  That I cannot do the things you call me to on my own strength.  I will self destruct and my FRETTING will lead to EVIL and hurt the people closest to me.  I need to find my CONFIDENCE and JOY in your presence.  I seek your presence in my life today.  I worship you and ask that I be filled with your presence.  In Jesus name I pray.  Amen

Give Me Faith - Elevation Worship



No comments:

Post a Comment