Sunday, April 12, 2015

Devotional for Takeoff from Uncle/Kahu Kiha

S:  2 Corinthians 12:4  I will not boast, except in regard to my weaknesses…9 And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for MY power is perfected in weakness.”

O:  Paul has revealed a secret to humility.  Paul was given visions and revelation that will cause others to revere, honor and lift him up above them.  People might say enviously “I wish God would bless me that way” or “I want that kind of life.”  Paul says “Best to boast about my weakness.” 

A:  What do my Facebook or Instagram pictures reveal about my own heart?  I am an artful bragger.  I insidiously boast about some experience, or some place, or some important person, or about my family, or where I live.  It all points to me.  It is the very opposite of what Paulʻs secret in Corinthians.   Would I get as many likes if I began to brag about my weaknesses?  What would happen to Instagram if we all began to boast about our shortcomings, our suffering, our hurts, or all our areas of weakness?

You who are about to step onto your mission to India:  Would these next days together be a grand experiment about the Kingdom of God?  Would we all begin to share where we are weak, hurting, afraid or in need?  Would you share these with each other AND would you share them with those to whom you minister.  If the WORD of GOD is true, then your mission will be filled with His grace and His power. 

P:  King Jesus, I confess that I have an ugly bragging heart.  Further, I see it subtly hide it in good works.  It is not enough that I would stop posting, you desire the other extreme—that I begin to boast about my weaknesses.  I will apply this Word.  For my missionary brothers and sisters, I pray for protection, love and unity.     Mostly, I pray in Jesus’ name that you unleash Your GRACE and POWER in and through them. 

 Love you all Uncle/Kahu Kiha  

No comments:

Post a Comment