Friday, April 17, 2015

Devotional Reading for Saturday, April 18, 2015

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 20,21; Psalm 34; Matthew 5

And Jesus said “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.  
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.  
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.  
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.  
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.  
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  —Matthew 5:3-10

This amazing Sermon on the Mount is powerful and covers so many aspects of life.  It's hitting my heart like a sword... I am somewhat stunned right now.  These very words of Jesus are compelling me to change.


The Lord is all I want and He has been speaking to my heart. I hear Him say that I need to intentionally pursue grace, patience, kindness and love. He’s also showing me what it means to truly love. I want so badly to be the perfect mother, the perfect wife. But I am feeling weak lately because I am succumbing to my humanness, and it’s leaving me feeling insecure. I’ve been losing my temper, sad and depressed and comparing myself to others. God is also showing me how to pray today, to pray the beatitudes over my life, over my husband’s life and over my children, too. As I do this I believe I will become free.  Friend, today can I encourage you to pray in this way?

Lord, in times when my spirit is poor and I feel downcast, may I remember that I am Yours! When I mourn, may I know Your heart; You are my true comforter! I pray that I would be meek and that I would hunger and thirst for righteousness and be filled with YOU. I pray that I will always show mercy, extend grace and also be given mercy and grace. I pray that my heart be pure as Your heart is pure, that I will purpose being peacemaker and that I will be known as belonging to You. May I stand up for Your truth no matter what opposition or persecution comes my way. Jesus, You are the way, the truth and the life. I trust You, and I desire that I be the person You desire me to be.
I ask that my thoughts be Yours and resemble Your pattern of thought. I know the seriousness of what I am asking, help me, Lord, to represent You. PLEASE, Jesus, that’s what I want most. I love YOU!!!! Amen!

~Tiffa

No comments:

Post a Comment