Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Devotional Reading for Thursday, April 16, 2015

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 18; 1 Chronicles 6; Psalm 11; Matthew 3

This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: “A voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’”— Matthew 3:3

John the Baptist prepared the way for Jesus.  He was announcing the coming of our Savior! People who do not know Jesus need to be prepared to meet him. How can I best prepare the way for others to meet Jesus?

John the Baptist wore clothes made of camel’s hair and ate locusts, which was SUPER odd and made him standout. But, maybe that’s the same as being a different ethnicity or speaking a different language than those around me.  These outward differences can be an easy opener to sharing how Christ has inwardly changed me. I mean the magnitude of His love for me is so wide and long, and high and deep, that I can never fully grasp its entirety.  I need to be concerned with the PRAISE of God by living differently from my peers as well as my family. But, honestly, can people see Jesus in me just through my actions?  I can never remember what someone once told me, but I will remember how he or she treated and loved me.  It is not what I say that will show people my love for God, but what I do.  This means I need to be seeking after God in everything that I do. I need to be awake to what God is doing in order to be awake to how He is calling me to make others awake, too. I mean a lion that’s awake and on the prowl is way scarier than a lion that is sleeping! Because even though I am not in full time ministry doesn’t mean that I am not a FULL TIME MINISTER.

Father God,
Thank you for your RELENTLESS love! Make me more and more aware of you so I can be more like you.  Help me to love you whole-heartedly throughout the entire day as a servant of Christ.  I want to be fully empowered in everything that I do by your Spirit for your glory. I trust you with everything and surrender all control to you to be transformed into the person you created me to be because I know I was born for such a time as this. Thank you for this FEARLESS team of LIONS and protect them with your LOVE and GRACE. We are so proud of them and cannot wait to hear the incredible stories of obedience, transformation, and healing!  We stinkin’ love them! LOVE YOU TO HEAVEN and BACK and BACK AGAIN!....

~Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment