Friday, February 19, 2016

What's Happening?!?!?!

Hello!

My name is James Robert Bunda, but everyone calls me JR for short.

I am a professional baseball player and literally just came back to Hawaii from Sydney, Australia representing the Philippines National Baseball Team in the World Baseball Classic Qualifier. We lost both of our games pretty badly, but the truth is: God is so good!! Win or lose, our team chemistry was so filled with high spirits that everyone went home as if we had just won the whole tournament! Man, that's when you know the presence of the Holy Spirit was and is ever so present!! Despite the loses, our country/team gained a lot of respect from many people considering the circumstances, what was expected from us, and the way we competitively carried ourselves on an international stage. This gave our team a tremendous boost of hope and light for what the future holds in regards to baseball in the Philippines. It is so rare to find every person involved to be so humble, blessed, and grateful to just be apart and involved in the whole experience. Character. Now isn't that beautiful?! No matter the circumstances, no matter the outcome, no matter the location, God is always faithful and always loves us. A true testament of Jesus Christ.

This will be my first trip to India and to visit you all. I have only heard the awesome stories from our brothers and sisters of Christ that have visited with you in the previous years, and I must say God's love is so contagious my heart has gravitated towards being able to share similar and new "awesome-pawesome" experiences with you this time around!

I am so blessed to just be alive, to be able to love and to share love, and to have the opportunity to meet/fellowship/worship/grow in faith with you! No matter the circumstances, I am so excited!

Revelation 19:10  Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God." For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

With love and aloha,

JR

1 comment:

  1. JR, you are an amazing man of God, I am so glad that I will get to meet you personally. Thanks for the inspiring testimony, you have encouraged me personally and challenged us to live with the Lord no matter what the situation. Love you brother.

    ReplyDelete