Saturday, April 9, 2016

Humble Service - India Impact

Humble Service as expressions of thanks to God

12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 14 And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! (2 Cor 9)

Paul has encouraged the Corinthians that their generosity and service is worship onto the Lord. As you humbly serve…giving life to others like only God can…it is an overflowing of the many things to God. Through your humble service…others will praise God.

As I leave for India, Lord give me your heart for your people. That this be not about myself…my comforts, my burdens, my time but this be an expression of my thanks to God. For His goodness and faithfulness in my life. All that I have and All that I am is because of Him. For me to serve Him in this way is small potatoes compared to what I have received. And I know that I cannot out give God…that as I in faith express my thanksgiving to Him…he will give me more than I can imagine in return. This is the depth of my Father's heart.

Lord thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve the team and the people of India. I know there are many anxieties, fears…Lord help me to get over myself and to humbly serve them. To not just worldly comfort but divine peace, divine encouragement and edification, divine revelation. I choose to cycle with you constantly. That I may level up on my game of cycling with you. Give me deep insight…give me gifts of the Spirit…flow through my mouth, my hands, my soul to shepherd your people. Cover my family as I release them to you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

________________________________

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email, delete this email including attachments, and destroy all copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment