Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Chinese Girl Going to India

Aloha, I am CyNtHiA and I kNoW no English.  
I am originally from Hong Kong.  At the age of 11, my family and I moved to Baltimore, Maryland (the worst state you could be in while don't know no English).  I grew up in a Buddhist family and worshiped ancestor.  When I first moved to the state, I attended a Catholic School from 5-8 grade.  Apparently, as a non US citizen, it is cheaper to attend a private school than a public school.  In 9th grade, I went to a Lutheran High School.  The Lutherans are strong in their faith especially the teachers.  As a non Christian going to a Lutheran School, I didn't realize my life was about to change FOREVER.  With my little English, I argued with the existence of God to my teachers.  Teachers always win.  Me always loose.  In 10th Grade, with friends encouragement, I attended a weekend camp.  Yes, CAMP!  The camp was a retreat.  The retreat turns into a "Jesus" retreat.  Funny or what?  For the first time in my life, I experienced God's love and forgiveness.  I gave my life to Jesus that weekend.  On my baptism, I promised Jesus that I will do all that I can to go to the end and share His love with others especially the little ones.  To fast forward in my life, God called me to resign from my teacher position in 2008 and attended YWAM Discipleship Training School (DTS).  During DTS, I thought I was to do my outreach in India instead I went to South Africa for 3 months.  9 years later, I responded to God's calling and will go to India in March.  
My favorite bible verse...Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  Matthew 22:37

No comments:

Post a Comment