Thursday, March 30, 2017

God's Blessings

Coming to Mussoorie is a huge sacrifice. I think about the time away from my family, especially with my son graduating and preparing to leave for college in a couple of months. It's a commitment of preparing months prior as we met weekly to raise funds, prepare the team and plan for our programs. 

The travel is crazy arduous…sitting in planes for 10+ hours and pressing through time zones. From the world's perspective it does not equate. Many of the team members have made the same sacrifice. I look at Marc who has a baby on the way and Julianna who is a senior yet sacrificed so many of her senior activities to be here.

Yet God is faithful and good. He honors our obedience and is generous beyond measure. In 2 Peter 1:4, it says that through His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These promises enable us to share in his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires.

It is awesome that as we are obedient and share in his divine nature…God does something in our hearts that allows us to escape the corruption of this ME-centric world. This world full of anxiety, worry, compulsions and addictions.  This world full of deception and destruction.

My heart is reset every time I come...it's like a spiritual cleanse that saves my life.   Moreover, God pours His divine faith, revelation, healing, and promises into my heart.  I am reset in my identity in Him.  I compare myself less to others and become bolder in the life purpose he has given me.  I am filled with hope.

I invest in the lives of God's people here in India, but they end up giving me the gift of faith.  The gift of joy.  This eternal exchange makes me a better husband, father and shepherd leader.

I am humbled by God's abundance and grateful for the honor of sharing in His work here in India. God is almighty, faithful and true. -Creights

1 comment:

  1. Love you Creighton. You're an incredible leader building more incredible leaders. Praying for you brother.

    ReplyDelete